Firstly apologies for the lack of a post summarizing yesterday’s lessons I was enjoying a delicious Chinese buffet. Without further hesitation here is again a summary of the techniques and idea that we learnt today (yesterday):
- Membership and how it differs to finding items using a binary condition approach.
- The dyadic use of iota and how this compares to using membership to find items.
- The rotational features of APL.
- The use of AND, OR, NAND, NOR and XOR.
- How to use comma bar and why it is so useful.
- The idea of having empty vectors and the zero tilde symbol.
- The symbols used to quickly operate on the first dimension of a variable.
- We had a brief introduction to direct functions.
- Compression using the results of binary expressions.
- Some more formatting using binary.
That is all I can remember at the moment however as I said in an earlier post I am writing up a complete set of notes which I will publish at the end of the course and will include notes on every symbol I learn.
Also after the course I will start publishing some of the programs written during the course with explanations on how we learnt to optimize them.